Wednesday 17 October 2012

Project plan


This module will push my skills in 3d characters further after learning the basics during my first year. The main aim is to have 4 completely rendered and ready models that will be game ready, I have chosen this brief because I want to discover and understand how to be a character artist. I also consider myself to be weaker at texture work so I want to push that aspect so that I can improve.

I have to design 4 characters that are game ready based around different roles within the British armed forces. The character roles are as follows:

·         A Sniper style character
·         A Infantry solider style character
·         A Heavy (Anti-tank) style character
·         A Support role/coms officer style character

These 4 roles must be fully researched into the design and look of their clothing and their build of body, when I have gathered enough research I can then begin to create turnaround based upon the role to use in 3DS Max as template for my model. The characters must look individual from one another, this means different costumes and maybe even accessories.

The characters will all be stylised similar to the models seen in the walking dead game. I am going to research into war games such as battlefield and team fortress 2 to understand how to make each of my class types look different from one another, with having these characters designed in a stylised way they should all consider a low poly count and keep the details in the stylised texturing.

I have decided to do my models based around the British army and too have a stylised art style because it is very rarely seen within games, this will mean that I will be able to show something different within a 3d portfolio.

The final submission should include:
·         Portfolio of the 4 models
·         Digital submission of models
·         Digital submission of turnarounds
·         Digital submission of brief

The digital submissions should all be burnt onto a single disc with a cover for hand in.

No comments:

Post a Comment