Wednesday 17 October 2012

Revised Project plan and timeline


Introduction

After learning 3D skills in my first year of the course, I wish to develop the skills learned so that I can work more productive and have a 3D portfolio. I like designing characters and 3D modelling so this brief is something I will enjoy. I wish to work on my texture techniques as this area is my weakest at the moment in 3D.
The brief will showcase my new skills I have learnt by creating 4 classes that are based on the British army.

Actions

For this project I will be researching into the British army sliders of modern day and silhouette and visual identity of character design.
I have to design 4 characters that are game ready based around different roles within the British armed forces. The character roles are as follows:
·         A Sniper style character
·         A Infantry solider style character
·         A Heavy (Anti-tank) style character
·         A Support role/coms officer style character
For each of these models I will have to create character turnarounds before I build them.
After researching and designing the character I will build them in 3DS Max.
After I have built my characters I will look into texturing tutorials to help texture the final models.
Then I will texture my models so that they are ready for printing.

Aims

At the end of this project I wish to have achieved a character portfolio with game ready models that I will be able showcase and have develop new and existing modelling and texturing skills.

New skills and knowledge

I wish to have acquired new skills in texturing and modelling as well as to have developed my existing skills within 3D.

Outcomes

The final submission should include:
·         Portfolio of the 4 models
·         Digital submission of models
·         Digital submission of turnarounds
·         Digital submission of brief
The digital submissions should all be burnt onto a single disc with a cover for hand in.

Project timeline

Week Number

What I’m working on

5
Further develop research and start blueprints
6
Working on blue prints and turnarounds
7
Working on blue prints and turnarounds
8
Modelling of first character
9
Modelling of first character
10
Modelling of first character
11
Modelling of first character
12
Modelling of second character
13
Modelling of second character
-
Christmas break (finishing and touching up models)
14
Modelling of second character
15
Modelling of second character
16
Modelling of third character
17
Modelling of third character
18
Modelling of third character
19
Modelling of third character
20
Modelling of fourth character
21
Modelling of fourth character
22
Modelling of fourth character
23
Modelling of fourth character
24
Finishing touches to models and textures
-
Easter Break (printing ready for hand in)
25
Project hand in and start evaluation of the project
26
Hand in of the evaluation

Throughout the project I will also be keeping my blog up to date with what I have been doing each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment